Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
Tips on How to Fill Out DS-3053 Form Online
You’ve chosen a gorgeous location for your next trip abroad. The children are fascinated by the idea of exploring the place they’ve never been to. But you happened to forget the major factor that might totally ruin your plans: your children are passportless. That’s where knowing how to fill out the DS-3053 form comes into play. Keep reading for more details on the topic.
What Is DS-3053 Form?
If your child is under sixteen and needs a passport, both parents should agree to apply for one. But things happen. Your spouse might be unable to go get the passport with you that very moment you need it. That’s when the DS-3053 form might come in handy.
With that said, the DS-3053 passport form (also referred to as the State of Consent) is a file you submit to receive a passport for a child who’s under 16. Wondering how to get the DS-3053 form? You’ll learn about it in one of our other posts.
Who Needs to Fill Out DS-3053 Form?
As you might have already guessed, form DS-3053 Statement of Consent is filled out by one parent who applies for a passport for their kid without the other parent. Filling out this form is a must whenever you’ve collected all the necessary documents and your partner is unable to apply with you.
In case a parent or guardian has sole legal custody, then the aforementioned form is not a must-submit. In this case, just apply for your kid’s passport by completing and submitting the DS-11 Application for a US passport form.
What is the Difference Between DS-3053 and DS-11?
The DS-3053 is a form used by a parent or guardian to consent to passport issuance for a child under the age of 16, while the DS-11 is a form used by anyone over the age of 16 to apply for a passport. Form DS-11 can be used by minors as well, but only if they are unable to submit Form DS-3053.
How to Fill Out the DS-3053 Form?
Below, you’ll find some useful tips on completing your fillable DS-3053 form:
- maintain laser-like focus when sorting out the doc. Avoid dating or signing it. You’ll do it in front of a notary;
- decide whether you need a passport book or a card. The latter is budget-friendlier and speedier to acquire. However, the card is not allowed to be utilized if you’re traveling internationally by plane. If you intend to fly abroad, opt for a book;
- your absent spouse should complete the form which will be legitimate for up to three months;
- you will need to get a witness and have the doc notarized;
- attach the fillable form DS-3053 to your passport application.
The form is a two-pager, with the first page being the basic data and doc-related instructions. Now, the second page is fillable, and it should contain:
- Your child’s name, date of birth, and age.
- The type of passport you’ll be applying for (book or card).
- Your personal data: name, address, phone, and email.
- The rest is filled out in front of a notary.
Remember that, if you want to save heaps of your time, you can always browse through our extensive form database for DS-3053 fill out online. PDFLiner is among the best online form filler platforms where you get to find and complete almost any document for your work or everyday life. It’s fast, effective, and error-proof. Moreover, you are likely to appreciate the treasure trove of its super useful features, too.
How to Sign DS-3053?
Don’t forget that you must sign this form in front of a notary. Therefore, you’ll most likely have to sign the doc in person by hand. However, if your state allows remote online notarization (about 30 of them do), then you get to digitally sign your DS-3053.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to sign a form via PDFLiner:
- Hit the ‘Add Sign’ button on the upper toolbar of the page.
- Click on the ‘Add Signature’ button once the Signature Wizard pops up.
- Position your signature where it’s most convenient to you.
- That’s about it. Now you have the DS-3053 form signed.
How to Share DS-3053?
You can submit your Statement of Consent form online by making the most of the PDFLiner file sharing tool. Follow these steps to successfully submit the signed form:
- Find the form template in our service’s database.
- Fill it out carefully and make all the necessary edits via PDFLiner.
- Upon editing the form, hit ‘Done’ in the upper right corner of the page.
- That’s it. The form is ready to be shared (submitted).
- Share the doc in the most preferred way.
- Hit ‘Send,’ and you’re done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions on the topic of this post? Take a look through our answers to our customers’ most frequently asked questions below. Perhaps, you’ll find the stuff that interests you there, too.
What is required for a DS-3053 form?
In order to complete and submit the form, you are required to be:
- the absent parent: you’ll need a photocopy of both sides of their ID card and the DS-3053 notarized three months before being submitted;
- the responsible person in case both parents are absent: in this case, you’ll need to attach a photocopy of both parents’ ID cards.
In case one parent doesn’t have an address or is currently in prison, form DS-5525 should be submitted, along with all the required details and supporting files.
What does form DS-3053 allow?
The US government requires both parents to be present to receive a passport for a child aged 15 or under. This form (or proof of sole legal custody) allows one parent to receive a child’s passport without the other parent’s presence.
How to download the DS-3053 form?
Use PDFLiner to find, download, and fill out the form. You’ll easily find the file in our catalog, edit it to suit your needs, submit it, or download the template. Just choose the required option and take the action.